MIS and Exams OfficerBack to Vacancies
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, professional and highly motivated Management Information Systems (MIS) and Exams Officer.
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise Academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile and our HERO values; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and foster a sense of communal endeavour. Thanks to the work of our uniquely driven and dynamic staff body, the Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive vision. As a member of the WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers, support staff and leaders.
Your role as MIS and Exams Officer will be to:
- lead on the administration and organisation of all aspects of student exams both internal and external in accordance with latest regulations and procedures as laid down by external organisations such as the DfE, JCQ and Ofsted.
- lead in the running of examinations, and organisation of Educational Visits, and support in the collation and distribution of student data.
- assist in managing accurate attendance details for all students
- implement strategies as appropriate for improving overall and individual attendance figures and support with the admissions process.
The successful candidate will:
- be a graduate
- have excellent communication, ICT and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- be a motivator and leader, inspiring confidence in staff and students that they can succeed and achieve their personal best.
- have detailed knowledge and understanding of Secondary School exams and data requirements, including SIMS, ALIS, ALPS, Learning Plus UK (Post 16), DfE Level 3 Value Added
- support the Head of MIS with monitoring the academic performance of the students through teacher assessments, examinations and internal and external data sources,
- be reporting on the analysis of academic performance and attendance for various stakeholders and the Self Evaluation Framework (SEF).
Our support staff are a highly valued team at Westminster Academy, whose attention to detail, commitment to providing the best service possible, and passion for overcoming inequality in education has helped to transform student outcomes. At Westminster Academy we are proud of the close working relationships between our support staff and teaching staff. The level of interaction with students also makes the team indispensable to the student body and the Academy community.
If you are passionate about using your skills in Management Information Systems to improve standards and make a difference to the lives of young people, Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
What we offer:
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- The chance to shape the future of support services provision, in collaboration with the leadership team and external education professionals
- Opportunities to work with the student body, including personal tutoring, mentoring, educational visits, UCAS/reflective project/extended essay support and extra-curricular provision
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Involvement in school and community events, such as International Evening, expressive arts performances, academic celebrations and hosting high profile visitors
- A commitment to staff wellbeing, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events and the end of term ‘WA Big Breakfast’
- Perkbox membership, which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance
Interview date: week commencing 10th August 2020
Please find the job description and application form (parts 1 and 2) available to download below. CVs are not accepted. For further details or to apply, please use the below form or contact us via email@example.com.
|Application Form part 1||02nd Apr 2020||Download|
|Application Form part 2||02nd Apr 2020||Download|